About Sundial Springs
Sundial Springs pools, 100% natural spring water and sulfur-free, are located in some of the most beautiful back country in the nation. People visit to soak and relax, not only because of the therapeutic waters but for the fantastic views of the surrounding mountains and wildlife. The water has a softness of 8 ppm. The pools are maintained at a temperature between 102° and 104°.
The San Francisco River where it crosses our property is designated as a Bighorn Sheep sanctuary. The hot pools are filled via a pump system from the springs below in order to preserve the privacy of the animal life. Our pools are fed from a geothermal well pumped by a single phase, 3 hp. pump, which has a flow rate of 2700 gal/per hr. As with all water in New Mexico, our capacity to pump is limited by the water rights applied to the well.
Our pools are constructed of native rock and mortar, remaining empty until reserved by guests. In winter months, the pump has to operate, flowing water through the selected pool, for a minimum of three hours prior to use so that the pool structure may warm to the temperature of the water. This makes the system expensive to operate for electricity and water - the rationale for a one-hour minimum for pool use. We do not offer a communal pool as our guests enjoy their privacy, and it keeps the clothing-optional and bathing suit users separated so as to not ruffle the feathers of the pious or modest.
Reservations and Hot Spring Pool Use
- Hot Spring Pool reservations are by phone only, requiring a minimum of 48 hours advance notification - Please call: 575-539-2712
- Pool fees/charges begin at the reservation time you confirm. If late, we may not be able to extend your soak time if it will interfere with the next party.
- We offer a 10% discount for Pilots & Aviation Mechanics. You must show us your Airman's Certificate or Airframe and Powerplant Certificate to qualify!
- Day use hours are 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Winter
- A pool reservation is for the exclusive use of your party for the duration of the scheduled time. There is a 30 minute interval between each Party's time.
- You must be punctual or you may not get your full hour. But you will be required to pay for it!
- Towels are available for rent at the office
- We Recycle Glass, Plastic & Aluminum
- The campground & the hot springs are available for private functions; rallies, weddings, meetings, family reunions, etc.
Hot Spring Pools - Conditions of Entry
- Please know that, above all else, we want you to have a Comfortable, Healthful, Relaxing, & Safe stay with us at your home away from home.
- Pools are solely for relaxation & wading.
- Hot water and alcohol are generally not medically compatible. Discretion is advised.
- Please, no glass containers.
- Pregnant women and those with health conditions requiring medical care should consult with a physician before entering the pools.
- Long exposure in the pools may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- No children under 12 years of age.
- Shower before entering pool or rinse with pitcher adjacent to pool.
- Please be quiet, enjoy the sounds of Mother Nature
- Wear shoes when walking.
- Please, do not pee in or anywhere near the pool area, use the bathroom.
- Candles for night bathing must be in a container, be sure to extinguish them when finished.
- Leave mineral specimens where they are.
- Keep your eyes peeled for scorpions.
- When the pool covers are not in use, please fold them neatly and place on poolside chair. Re-cover pool when exiting, bubble side down.
Campground Guidelines - Compliance is Mandatory
- Vehicle speed on premises is restricted to the rate of a fast walk.
- Pets, except for Pit Bulls, must be leashed, supervised, and cleaned up after at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in buildings or in pool area.
- No Children
- Sundial Springs will not be held responsible for any injury that may be incurred while visiting our facility.
- Open fires are allowed in BBQ grills only.
- Water is a precious resource in our desert environment; therefore, no washing of vehicles on the premises.
- Generator usage allowed during power outages only. Quiet hours are from 8:00 pm to 11:00 am.
- For environmental purposes, please use only RV / Marine compatible toilet tissue.
- It is the responsibility of each RV operator to insure that all connections for water and sewer are leak-free. If not, you are responsible for your own clean-up and fines may be assessed at the discretion of the owner.